Kia Ora! (That's Maori for hello, good-bye, thank-you, basically anything you want it to mean)
SO, I still don't have internet at my flat which is why it seems like I've fallen off the side of the world, but it will hopefully be set up within the next few days.
Here is a very brief synopsis of my last week (pictures and details to follow, when I'm on my own computer):
The flight from LA to Auckland was delayed 2 hours, both of those hours were spent on the plane, so instead of 13 hours on the plane, we got to spend 15...hooray!!
I didn't have a Valentine's Day.
Sunday through Wednesday morning was spent in the city of Rotorua, which smells like fart because there are hot spring geysers everywhere. Activities there included Zorbing (which is rolling down a hill in a giant inflatable hamster wheel, awesome, I know), learning the Kamate haka, which is what the All Blacks do before one of their games, rappeling down into the Waitomo Caves and seeing the glow worms (which actually really aren't worms at all), and going to a bar for my first ever LEGAL beer! HOORAY!
On Wednesday afternoon we hopped on another flight from Rotorua to Wellington on a teeny little airplane, but the view from the window was Amazing. The pictures i took don't do it justice. This country is absolutely beautiful. Now i'm moved in, just enrolled for classes, and am staring out the window at the bay....and it's pouring out. So, Liz, tell Virginia I wore her raincoat today!
Ok, PEACE OUT people. Pictures to follow!
Hi, it's mom. It looks like I am the first to read your blog! What is this about the first LEGAL beer?
ReplyDelete