Saturday, May 2, 2009

Finally Worked

This is about 2 weeks late, but for some reason the blog didn't want me to upload photos, so here's the rest from our exciting adventure.


This is the Nevis Bungy which is the 3rd highest in the world. On the left is the teeny-tiny little platform hanging out over a valley suspended just by cables that we jumped from. To get out there we had to go in groups of about 6 on the little gondola/cable car thing that's on the right. It was at about this time when I first saw it that I thought I might not be able to do it. Also, the little gondola thing had a mesh-like bottom so you could see straight down to the river below, and the platform we jumped from had a glass bottom in some parts so you could see how far down it really was....eeeek..!!



That little speck up there is me; the camera was down in the bottom of the canyon. I'm only about half-way down at that point.

Down I go!


After I came back up; it was AWESOME. Surprisingly, this bungy jump was WAY more intimidating/scary/exciting than the sky-diving was. I'm guessing it's because with the bungy you were by yourself and HAD to jump (they wouldn't push you out...!) and you could actually see how far you were going to fall; not like sky-diving where you were so far up that it didn't really register how far it actually was. (There is a video of me jumping, but for some reason like the photos earlier, it doesn't want to load.)

At the Christchurch Antarctic Center. That's a Hagglund which is the vehicle that is used to drive around Antarctica. They had penguins there, but since it was dark outside, it was dark inside to mimic their environment so no pictures turned out. Interesting fact: any research group that goes to Antarctica from anywhere in the world goes through Christchurch.

Ok, that's it for our adventure pictures; now it's time to study, I guess. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment