Thursday was spent on a roller coaster!! I am not kidding. Our snorkeling trip was more like a 3 hour non stop roller coaster ride! The water was so rough. They insisted that every person on the boat take sea sickness pills and two people still threw up and several others had their bag handy! So of course, the snorkeling was not very easy either. Waves came crashing into your face when you were trying to see something pretty. This boat normally goes to three different reefs. The water got slightly calmer as the day continued. Erin just took off snorkeling away, no problem. Sheila on the other hand, had some difficulties. One of our guides, Emma, pulled me around at the first two reefs. She was super!! I handled it myself at the third reef. When I was able to relax and put my head in the water, the view was fantastic! Emma pointed out many things to be, I even saw Nemo! (Which Erin didn't)(HaHa) The two guides were Marine Biologists and were very informative and very nice.
Hopefully we can post some pictures soon. Erin also may want to tell her version of my snorkeling adventures.
We are heading down the coast today, Friday. Will be staying in Bowen.
Sheila
No comments:
Post a Comment