Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Penguins

It is Wednesday morning and I am sitting in a little cafe on the Otago peninsula by Dunedin. We do not have internet in our motel. Yesterday we drove from Te Anua to Dunedin(Otago peninsula). This area is a little less mountainous. It is more of a farming/grazing land. They say that New Zealand has about 40 million sheep. I believe that we have seen at least 30 million of them!! They are everywhere!! We stopped at a lighthouse along the coast at Nugget point. I got to see my lighthouse!! We arrived at Dunedin/Otago peninsula and went directly to Penguin Place. We were able to book one of the last tours of the day. We saw many Yellow Eyed penguins!! Of course, Erin was excited!

Today is another bright sunny day. Hope everyone is well.

Bye for now.

Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment