
Mirror Lake on the road to Milford Sound (which technically isn't a sound, it's a fjord). Mom was more than slightly obsessed with this lake; I will admit, it is kinda a neat pic

The typical brochure/postcard view of Milford (do a google image search of Milford Sound and I guarantee that about 85% of the pictures will be of this view)

Some seals taking a nap in the Sound

The boat terminal is just around the corner; this was as we were coming back in to land
Today (Sunday) we went on our Funyak Safari on the Dart River near the town of Glenorchy, and boy does the name sure live up to itself; it sure was fun...! Glenorchy is on the top of the Wakatipu Lake (Queenstown is right in the middle) and is the location of many movie/TV/commercial scenes. Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, and the new Wolverine movie are just a few that had scenes filmed here.

Awwww...Mom and I standing in front of some pretty

Blowing up the FUNyaks!

The peak in the upper left corner was used in a quite pivotal scene in Lord of the Rings; I was excited

Off to Te Anau tomorrow to see the glow worms; oh, and I'm going bungy jumping, at the highest jump in New Zealand...eeek!
Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment