Yo
Still don't have good internet access; Mom hopes our next hotel will have it so we can put up pictures, we'll see.
Yesterday we made it to Franz Josef, however, all the glacier tours were booked for the day, so instead we drove to the Fox Glacier and wandered around there. Then, Mom tried driving the car.....which was slightly terrifying (I think that she'd agree). Went to Lake Matheson, which is supposedly famous for it's reflections of Mt. Cook and Mt. Tasman. However, due to the fact that it was extremely cloudy, all we got was a reflection of the dark clouds.
Today we were supposed to have our glacier tour, however, it has been raining ALL day; probably about 5 inches already and it's only 2:00pm. So, now we're actually sitting in the Hukawai Glacier Centre, waiting for my turn to take a whack at ice climbing; Mom says she didn't think she wanted to try....I think she would have been fine, and I wanted to be able to laugh at her.
Ok, pictures (hopefully) tomorrow.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment