I finally watched A Very Potter Musical and A Very Potter Sequel last week. A theater group from UofMichigan wrote and performed the Potter musical a few years ago and put it on youtube. In the age of the internet, people everywhere watched it, which led to the Sequel, and them writing more musicals. I had heard about it shortly after it had come out, but never got around to watching it...I finally did and laughed throughout the whole thing. As an HP fan, it was perfect, so the other HP fans should get a kick out of it. AND for those of you that watch Glee, you'll notice the guy that plays Harry has since gone on to play Blaine on the TV show.
Here's the opening scene for you to enjoy (and one of the songs I've been singing nonstop);
They have all their shows on youtube, if you want to watch the whole thing, multiple times, like I have. :)
Another new musical of the week; Hanah and I rented the new Muppets movie, and I LOVED it. Easily one of my new favs. Another reason I love it; Bret McKenzie, of Flight of the Conchords, wrote the music for the movie, and won an Oscar for it this year!
So, for your further enjoyment, here is Bret singing one of his songs from the movie with the frog himself;
(this is the other one I've been singing nonstop)
Here's the song he won the Oscar for;
AND, just because I like Flight of the Conchords so much, here's one of their videos;
I get to see them live in only 2.5 weeks. YAY!
Alright, so other than watching musicals and singing, I've basically just been finishing up with classes. I had my last day of TAing the biochem lab this week, turned in my last assignments, this is the last week of class, then it's finals, then Mom comes and we head on our adventure. I can't believe that it's already only 3 weeks until I leave New Zealand...Again! Blargh. At least when I get to Sydney it should be warmer than it is here. New Zealand houses are very very poorly insulated, so even though it's not necessarily that cold out, it's almost just as cold inside, so you never really get truly warm. Which reminds me...Quinn left American Samoa today, and is headed to NZ! After spending a year in AmSam with bath tub temperature ocean water, she is going to be SO COLD! Muahahahahaha! Welcome back! Quinn is flying into Christchurch and heading north to Auckland, so I won't be seeing her in Wellington for another week or so.
I'm sure once Mom arrives she'll make sure we post something every day about our adventures, so until then...
Peace. (")>
can't wait to read your posts love them have a good time with your Mom Janice
ReplyDelete