Quinn is no longer on a hot and sweaty Pacific island. She has returned to the Land of the Long White Cloud, although at this point I'd call it the Land of the Continually Overcast Clouds that bring Freezing Wind and Rain. She flew from AmSam and met her Mom and and one of her Mom's friends in Auckland, only to have their trip delayed by heavy snows in Christchurch, where their adventure was supposed to start. SO they're now doing their trip backwards, meaning we get to be reunited even earlier than expected!
For those that don't know our story, Quinn and I met in New Zealand 3 years ago when we were both doing a semester abroad through AustraLearn. As Quinn said in her blog from when I went to AmSam, we "get along like peanut butter and jelly", and since she's from Illinois we've been able to visit each other just about every 6 months since then; I've gone to Illinois in the Fall, Quinn comes to Minnesota in the Spring, I visit her in American Samoa, and she comes back to Wellington!
Dinner on her first night back in Welly.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment