Mom: Erin, you need to post a blog
Erin: Why don't you do it, you are currently on my computer.
Mom: No, I want you to.
Ok, you insisted...now I get to make fun of you.
Mom landed Saturday morning and we picked up the rental car and drove back to my place. I still needed to pack basically everything, and Wellington decided to give me a proper farewell and have my last day be full of rain, wind, and clouds. SO, it was fine that we spent the entire day at my house. I packed and Mom slept.
Woke up early on Sunday, because we were planning on taking a ferry out to Kapiti Island, at 9am, BUT it was cancelled because we were the only 2 signed up for the trip that day...since it's winter here and no one is vacationing, except us and Quinn's caravan of J's.
My house for the last 5 months, just before leaving.
Sunrise on the Kapiti Coast
Continued north and stopped at Foxton beach, which Mom liked because of all the drift wood, which I liked because I cold jump off it. This is my super duper jump....
And here's Mom's. Totally Awesome
Now she poses for a senior picture.
Saturday night was spent in Whanganui. This is from a lookout across the river. Mom really likes those orange flowers.
Also on Sunday, we were trying to drive to Whanganui National Park (since our island trip was cancelled), but we never made it there because the road was ridiculously windy and narrow, and overall quite stressful to drive on. We turned around after driving for about 1.5 hours, and it was a good thing we did because then THIS happened; we came around a bend in the road and holy cannoli, we saw the END of a RAINBOW in a field, not just a rainbow, but a DOUBLE RAINBOW! Then we continued around the curve and BAM! there was the other end of the double rainbow on the hillside. And we DROVE UNDER IT! Seriously. I turned about so we could try to get a picture of it, but by the time I got turned around again, it had faded. We briefly both thought we had dreamed it, but it really happened. It was like a unicorn, leprechaun, Aslan, and Nyan cat all had a child together and we got to see it. Totally Awesome!
Monday drove to National Park Village. Stopped in the Taranaki region to try to see the volcano, but it was hidden in a haze of clouds, so we didn't get to see the summit. Drove up a bit and did a short hike to Dawson's water fall.
(Can't figure out how to rotate it.....?)
Also today, I convinced Mom that because we're in the Southern Hemisphere the sun rises in the West and sets in the East. She's still not 100% sure if I'm BSing her or not....... :)
Tomorrow our Tongariro hike tour is cancelled because of bad weather so we plan to explore the Taupo area, and try the hike again on Wednesday.
PAZ.
So glad to see your blog started... love to keep up with you guys...keep the info coming and the pictures. We will miss you on the 4th. Janice
ReplyDelete